Dread Commander Asteryn the Blackheart, leader of the Cabal of the Dying Sun
The Illidari known as Asteryn the Blackheart, was born Asteryn Truefeather, of the House of Truefeather, in the Dawnspire. After the Fall of Quel'Thalas, Asteryn left the eternal springs of Quel'Thalas with her brother Telchis Truefeather to join Kael'thas' Sunfury Regiment. Later, she remained within the Black Temple to become a demon hunter under the service of Illidan Stormrage.
Rank: Dread Commander
Commander Mode: Ashtongue Assassins
Ashtongue Assassins are able to enter the battlefield stealthed. Attacking an opponent will allow them to deal an additional +25 max damage and will cause them to unstealth.
At the end of a turn, Ashtongue Assassins may attempt to restealth by rolling 1d3. A roll of 1=success.
Commander Points: 5/5
Cost: 1 Commander Point
Bonus: +5 max and mod damage/healing. When dealing damage to a demon unit, roll 1d3 to see if the unit becomes banished stunning it in place for one turn. Banished units take double damage from all sources. Bosses cannot be banished.
“There were few among the Illidari that followed in Illidan’s footsteps during the Long Vigil. They alone know how to hunt and kill the foulest creatures in the nether.”
Cost: 1 Commander Point
Bonus: Upgrades the Greyheart Broken into Ashtongue Assassins, decreasing their troop total by 40 but increasing their max damage by 25 and their mod damage by +5. Grants the following abilities:
Akama’s Ashtongue understand the intensity of the threat to come. In the universe’s desperation, they must consider alliances that would have been unspeakable.
Cost: 2 Commander Points
Bonus: The Illidari player now deals full damage to fortified units.
“Desstroy their meager defenssess. Teach them the futility of their livess.” Scale-Lord Kaar’dum
Cost: 1 Commander Point
Bonus: Whenever another character with Greyheart Broken troop choices die, all characters with this Commander Point gains an additional die to all of their basic attacks/healing.
“We will never be subdued! Our spirit is eternal!” Akama
45HP 2d19+7 (Crit on 14-19 for +7) On Ambush: 2d24+7 (Crit on 18-24+7)
Class: Demon Hunter
Prestige Class: Waywatcher Assassin
Character Stats: +3 to Combatant, +2 to Guardian
Resourceful [Passive]: Grants an additional use to every class ability.
- Beautiful: Increases your character’s charm rolls by +2.
- Arcane Affinity: You have a +4 to Arcane based challenge checks.
- Endurance: Whenever your character’s wound roll lands on ‘no wound’ you may return to battle with 1hp. (Only one success per event)
- Disciplined: Whenever your character successfully resists a CC check, they gain 1d15+ HP.
- Demonic: Your character may negate all campaign wound penalties by rolling 1d3, where a 1 is considered successful.
- Adventurer (Purchased): Allows the player to reroll an initiative roll once per event. They will keep the second of two rolls.
- Athletic (Purchased): Allows your character to reroll a failed sprint check. (Only one success per event)
- Night Vision (Purchased): Whenever your character is in an encounter where fog of war is present, their vision is increased by +2 and they gain +10 to perception.
- Predator: At the start of combat, choose one enemy unit. Your character will gain +5 max and mod damage to units of that type. This effect ends once you kill a unit of that chosen type.
- Flight: Allows your character to cross over gaps and dangerous terrain without a physical challenge unit.
- Swift: Increases your character’s walk and sprint by +5ft.
- Fighting Dirty: Your character’s opponent has -15 to their Dueling Initiative rolls.
- Agile: Increases your character’s Dueling Defense die by +2.
- Mean II: Your character can no longer plead or persuade other characters.
- Stubborn II: At the start of diplomacy, you must pick a single type of social challenge rolls. You can only use that type of social challenge rolls for the remainder of the event.
- Wanton I: Opponents have a -4 threshold for successful charm and seduction attempts against your character.
- Dishonorable II: (Negates Honorable) When the party chooses the honorable route, your character must roll 1d4, where a roll of 4 means you will challenge the party leader in the direction of the action. This challenge can be verbal or through a duel.
- Violent I: Whenever your character enters a situation that becomes overly tedious, they must roll a violence check of 1d4. If they roll a 4, they will violently attack someone present.
- Addict I: Number your Alchemist's Belt 1 through 2 (3 if taking Alchemist). At the start of combat, your character must roll a 1d3 to prevent themselves from drinking a potion where a 3 is considered to be a failure. If they drink a potion then will they must roll 1dx, where x is the number of potion slots your character has and will drink the potion in that slot, regardless of the effect. If your character drinks a poison, deal 1d15+9 damage to self. If there are no potions available, they will be forced to roll a 1d2 to prevent themselves from being stunned each turn. A roll of 1 is considered to be successful.
- Implacable I: At the start of combat, your character must choose a singular target and can only damage that singular target until it is defeated. Once defeated, they must do a check of 1d2 to prevent themselves from selecting another to focus upon. A 1 is considered to be successful.
Glaives: 1d10 (Crit on 7-10 for +2)
Pulverize: Minor Action(can also be used with other minor actions on a given turn). When used, the player’s basic attacks can deal full damage to enemy Fortified targets.
Spell-Barrier: Add a spell barrier to self that absorbs 15hp damage. Spell-Barrier lasts until it is broken. Can be used as an instant.
Stark Venom Poison(On both weapons): Used on melee weapons. Increases damage to a weapon(s) by +1 mod OR to a single weapon for +4 max damage. Cost: 250g
Dawnmending Bandages: Used at the end of a battle scene to heal a player for 1d30+5. Can be used on other players/self. Cost: 500g
Oil of the Demonic Slayer:
Increases +2 mod damage/healing to all basic attacks/healings and class abilities against demonic enemies. Costs: 250g
Metamorphosis: Unlocking the beast within, the Demon Hunter transforms into a demonic monster for the next two turns. They gain a 15hp shield and a +5 modifier on all basic attacks and abilities. May be used as an instant.
Dark Flight: Using demonic speed and shadowy magic, the Demon Hunter immediately closes in on its prey. The Demon Hunter may teleport themselves to any visible enemy unit on the map dealing 1d20+10 damage in the attack.
Immolation[Passive]: The Demon Hunter surrounds themselves with a powerful barrier of fel magic. They create an aura of 10ft that deals 1d7+5 damage to all enemy units within it at the end of their turn.
Hunter Seeker: The Waywatcher Assassin picks a single target on the field at the start of the battle giving it the ‘Prey’ debuff. If that assassin gains the killing blow on that target, they increased their critical damage for the rest of the battle by +8.
Improved Stealth[Passive]: All classes gain the stealth mechanic as a baseline skill. For rogues, they may choose to pick up another skill instead of stealth at no penalty. Players may choose to reroll a single failed re-stealth roll once per the event.